Verification & Initiatives Technologist - Reed City Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
General Mills Services, Inc.
UNAVAILABLE, Reed City, MI 49677, US
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Reed City manufacturing plant is a union facility with approximately 375 employees. The yogurt-servicing facility has an extremely engaged and knowledgeable workforce with operations on 14 lines across three shifts up to seven days per week.
The Verification & Initiatives Technologist is accountable for verifying that the process controls defined for the operation are being followed and following up with appropriate individual(s) when gaps are noted. The Technician will use knowledge gained to make process improvements and is also accountable for the coordination and organization of plant initiatives to assure they are executed correctly and in the most efficient manner.
Understanding and auditing process controls by working with Quality Engineers, Operations and Logistics including but not limited to:
- Critical Control Points
- Control Points
- Verification testing (e.g. dairy allergen testing, chemical testing etc.)
- Observing Hands on Demonstrations for accuracy
Administration and coordination of plant tests and trials including:
- Be the one point of contact for coordinating all tests, trials, HMM etc. scheduled at the plant
- Assure all projects are entered into tracking spreadsheet and contain all the detail needed.
- Manage the new product checklist process to assure it is followed completely
- Coordinate resources (internal and external) for testing
- Schedule and lead individual project meetings as needed to facilitate change management
- Verify that new product set up and formula changes are correct.
- Coordinate and manage vendors in for testing as required
- Assure materials are received, controlled and delivered to the line at the time required
- Assure test product is controlled as needed
- Collect and ship samples as needed
- Assist with sustaining and implementing operations quality check programs
- Quality data management and reporting
- Backfill other FSQ Technician positions as needed
- Assist Quality Engineers with FSRA program as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- 2-Year Degree or High School Degree w/3-5 years of directly relatable experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to quality & customer service
- Able to operate effectively as part of a high performance work team
- Solid computer Skills (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible in terms of hours, including nights, weekends and holidays required
- 4 year college education – science background, or related experience
Who We Are
<p>At General Mills, we believe that the unique skills and perspectives of veterans strengthen our company and our communities. </p><p>Military experience aligns well with our values of integrity, innovation, respect, people development and superior performance. Veterans succeed here because of strong leadership skills, a global perspective, and an understanding of what teamwork really means.</p>